All Party Parliamentary Group
ABCUL provides secretariat services to the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Credit Unions at Westminster.
The Group meets several times a year and brings politicians from across the political spectrum together to discuss issues affecting the credit union movement. It seeks to raise awareness and build consensus and political support for the movement’s development. The Group currently has 157 members from across the political spectrum and in both Houses of Parliament.
Since the Group was established in 2008, APPG meetings have focused largely on changes to legislative reform. Government ministers, senior officials and credit union leaders discuss the opportunities and challenges presented with interested MPs and Peers.
The APPG's officers are:
Chair - Jeremy Quin
Vice Chair - Lord Kennedy of Southwark (Labour)
Vice Chair - Jim Fitzpatrick (Labour)
Treasurer - Chris Evans MP (Labour)
Secretary - Yvonne Fovargue MP (Labour)
Under the rules of All-Party Parliamentary Groups, we are requried to publish minutes and membership lists on the Group's webpage. The minutes from the Group's AGM for 2015 and membership list as of 3 August 2015 are available to download on the right.
In the current Parliament the Group has held the following meetings:
- AGM and Election of Officers - 17 October 2017
- International Credit Union Day reception with Mike Mercer, President and CEO of Georgia Credit Union Affiliates and the Minister for Pensions & Financial Inclusion, Guy Opperman MP - 17 October 2017
In the previous Parliament the Group held the following meetings:
- AGM & Election of Officers - 24 June 2015
- Summer reception with Economic Secretary to the Treasury, Harriett Baldwin MP, and sponsored by Lloyds Banking Group - 24 June 2015
- House of Lords reception with Lord Hunt of Wirral in support of the Credit Union Foundation and sponsored by Scape Reinvest - 9 July 2015
- Discussion of the Prudential Regulation Authority review of credit union regulation with PRA Director for Banks, Building Societies and Credit Unions, Martin Stewart; Chief Execuitve of ABCUL, Mark Lyonette; and President of the Irish League of Credit Unions, Brian McCrory - 8 September 2015
- International Credit Union Day reception with Vice-President for Membership of the National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions (US), Pablo DeFilippi; Chief Executive of Enterprise Credit Union, Karen Bennett; Global Director of Citi Community Development & Citi Inclusive Finance, Bob Annibale - 14 October 2015
- Savings for low income families held jointly with the All Party Parliamentary Group on Debt and Personal Finance with Director of Financial Capability for the Money Advice Service, David Haigh and Chief Executive of StepChange debt chairty Mike O'Connor.
- Payroll Deduction of Department of Work & Pensions Staff with Minister of State for Welfare Reform, Lord Freud, and Director General of Human Resources of Department of Work and Pensions, Debbie Alder - 6 July 2016
For information about the APPG please email email@example.com or call 0161 819 6946
This is not an official website of the House of Commons or the House of Lords. It has not been approved by either House or its committees. All-Party Parliamentary Groups are informal groups of Members of both Houses with a common interest in particular issues. The views expressed in these webpages are those of the group.
- APPG on Credit Unions – Income and Expenditure – 2016-17 12 Kb xlsx
- Minutes of SAYB meeting 220217 – APPG on credit unions 79 Kb pdf
- Minutes of EGM 191016 - APPG on Credit Unions 40 Kb pdf
- APPG on Credit Unions - 2015-16 - Income and Expenditure Statement 11 Kb xlsx
- Minutes of DWP Payroll Savings Launch 069716 - APPG on Credit Unions 75 Kb pdf
- Minutes of AGM 060716 - APPG on Credit Unions 44 Kb pdf
- Notes of public meeting 030316 APPG on Credit Unions 77 Kb pdf
- Notes of public meeting 080915 - APPG on Credit Unions 81 Kb pdf
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Credit Unions - Minutes of AGM - 240615 54 Kb pdf
- APPG on Credit Unions - Membership List at 270716 111 Kb xls